Tuesday, January 22, 2013

One Hour Makeover: Kitchen Coffee Station

I had a wall cabinet with a wine rack in my kitchen that I wasn't using. Rather than let the cabinet collect dust and take up space, I brainstormed over what to do with the cabinet. I didn't need to hold wine since I built a bar in the living room. I had a pantry for canned goods. Hmm...

I decided to make over the cabinet as a dedicated coffee station. I have a Keurig (once you go Keurig, you never go back) and tons of K-cups floating around my kitchen. Also, my coffee mugs were stored in three separate areas (very annoying when putting dishes away and more annoying when you are dying for a cup of coffee and can't find a cup in the morning).

Step 1) I removed the wine rack that was installed in the cabinet
Step 2) I added two shelves to the interior. To make the project simple, I purchased two laminate shelves that were a similar color to my cabinet from The Container Store for $8 each and trimmed them down to size. Hey, it's a one hour makeover.
Step 3) I filled candy jars and a Keurig storage case on the bottom shelf. On the second shelf, I displayed white cappuccino cups and matching saucers. On the top shelf, I displayed white decorative teapots. I had two storage spaces on the right hand side of the cabinet. I used these spaces to store  mugs that I use the most.
Step 4) I placed my Keurig underneath the cabinet and plugged it in. I found some really cool jumbo sized mason jars from Target that I filled with all of my coffee essentials (such as Splenda, sugar and cookies)
Step 5) In the bottom cabinet, I stored ALL of my mugs that were in various places around the kitchen.

I LOVE my new coffee station and I use it all the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment