Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Out of the Closet!

Aww, my old childhood bedroom. The room once housed my Barbie collection and a stable of My Little Ponies. When I moved out, my dad sold the barbies and the ponies at a garage sale and mom started to move more and more of her excess junk into my old room. Mom was considerate enough to leave a bed in there so I had a place (among her junk) to sleep during weekend visits.

Flash forward twelve years and the prodigal daughter has returned home. Mom and Dad have since retired up north and have left me the childhood home. Fortunately, I don't have to sleep among junk in my old childhood room but I was still facing a dilemma: What the heck should I do with this room?

I will be the first one to admit that I have a TON of stuff. I've got purses, shoes, jeans, coats, dresses. You name it, I've got it. My history of small bedrooms, apartments and my husband's and my first adult home purchase, a townhouse, have always left me with a lack of storage and wanting more. I decided that I would fulfill an adult dream of having a huge walk in closet in my childhood bedroom.

After work, I purchased a few closet rods, brackets and a total of ten 96" long shelves. I painted the walls a turquoise blue to offset all the white. I made sure to arrange the rods in various heights to accomodate pants, shirts, dresses and coats. The shelves now house all my shoes and purses. Everything has a place and everything is easy to find.




Before





After

  
Before
                        

After
                
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment