Thursday, November 8, 2012

Closet 2.0

Goodbye Closet 1.0

Due to my large wardrobe (or clothes hoarding as my husband likes to call it), I turned a spare bedroom into a closet. I went to Home Depot and bought a can of blue paint and laminate shelves. In one day, I had a walk-in closet. I loved it and had room to spare. However, after a while, I realized that the closet had a lot more potential for space and function.




Hello Closet 2.0

I took down all of the laminate shelves and brackets and repainted the room white. This project definitely took more than one day.
I repurposed the laminate shelves from Closet 1.0 and used it for the shoe wall. I also installed vintage school locker hooks to hang my "slouchy" purses. 

I always hang my boots. I think boots are easier to organize and display when hung. I got these great hanger clips called "Clever Clips" from Amazon.com for around $12 per pack of four. 



Rather than just hang random closet rods on the walls, I decided to take the closet one step further and build boxes to  hang my clothes from. Not only does this give the closet a more finished look but these definitely save on space. I was able to hang 3 closet rods in one box. I also had specific boxes for different styles of clothes (dresses and work tops in one box, outerwear and jeans in another).


Thanks to the new layout of my closet, I had so much extra room. I work from home and decided to build in an office space in my closet. I used an extra sheet of plywood for the desktop and sandwiched it between my purse shelves. Its so much nicer being surrounded by the ones you love when working :)

The French Bulldog lamp was an awesome surprise from my husband. I think she completes the office space. 






1 comment: